Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Girraween National Park, QLD, to Boundary Falls, Gibraltar Range National Park, NSW.

In the morning, we had a quick look around Castle Rock Campground for birds before packing up.

Buff-rumped Thornbill
White-eared Honeyeater
White-throated Treecreeper
We were a couple of days late but we were finally on our way to explore the National Parks off the Gwydir Highway in NSW. 

About 10 km south of Tenterfield, Bluff Rock looms over the New England Highway. I took a quick photo on my phone but we didn't stop. Later, I did a goggle search about the rock to see if there is a walk there but instead I discovered that 150 years ago a group of Aboriginal people were thrown from the bluff as punishment for "attacking shepherds and sheep". There is a free overnight rest area with a memorial at the base of the bluff and I have resolved to stop and explore the area next time we get the chance.

Bluff Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment